search my blog

Sunday, May 16, 2010

::I don't know what to call this post::

Hello dear blog readers,
I don't really know what to call this post because I've been feeling alot of emotions lately about alot of things that have and are going on in my life right now!

Since last Sunday I have been dancing like all the time, everyday!Last Sunday and Monday I had dance rehearsal for dance recital.(oh and each night I have been getting home anywhere from 8:00-9:30).Tuesday and Wednesday I had dress rehearsal.Thursday,Friday I had recital and on Saturday I had Saturday matinee and then another recital that night.I'ts over now and I made alot of fabulous memories!We had amazing performances and although my costume changing was a little hectic considering I was in four routines,it was thoroughly a blast!Saturday night was the most emotional for me because...ok I'll start with the happy part.Our hip-hop routine has a two songs,one called forever by Chris Brown and Everbody by Laura Bell Bundy.Now, Laura Bell Bundy is an alum from the dance school in which I attend and she is really famous today.She went on to be Elle in Legally Blonde on Broadway and she has done other such musicals on broadway as well.She then went on to write country songs and they are really popular...even among the many students at my school!She has appeared in popular magazines such as PEOPLE and has been on popular television channels such as CMT.So.....back to the story....We were dancing to the last song(LBB song)....and LAURA BELL BUNDY jumps up on stage from where she was out in the audience and starts dancing with us!IT WAS AMZING to say the least!Then I got to meet her and talk to her and it was absolutely awesome.But then the sad emotions started kicking in, my ballet teacher,previously a rockette, announced a few weeks ago that she was leaving to pursue a career in recreational therapy.So it hit me that this was the last recital where she would be a teacher.I am sure she will come back next year to watch and you never know...jump up on stage...and well,you know the rest.LOL.It was also sad because this coming week is the last week of seeing my dance girls and teachers everyweek until dance starts up again in the fall.Of course,I will get to see some of my teachers because I am taking private lessons some this summer!It was also sad because my high school lost a young lady Saturday morning in a car accident.

Abigail, from Amazed By Grace, prayers to you during your recital!

Ok, so today is day 3 of my 30-Day challenge,and it has been a little more challenging the past couple days due to recital but I managed to get everthing done.I would appreciate it much if you all would pray for me throughout the rest of this challenge.Thanks so much!

Well, the business doesn't stop here,it just gets crazier...I'll be sure to post some picsand some more posts hopefully soon.Have a great day!
Blessings,
Lahni Blair

1 comment:

  1. Thank-you for your prayers Lahni, the recital went really well. I know exactly how you feel about your teacher leaving. My teacher, whom I just loved, moved and got married and I was so upset. My new teacher was really great though and I learned a lot from her.
    I always get the end of recitals blues too.:) Anyway, I hope that your next teacher is great and that you enjoy her classes.
    Abigail

    ReplyDelete