search my blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

::He NEVER stops...NEVER!::

To say that the shut eyes of my soul have been opened by God when I went to church camp or when I counseled church camp or when I went on my missions trip or when I went to IYC and so on would be a lie. Don't get me wrong, God definately did open my eyes during all of those times. "Hold on Lahni, you just said that you would be lying if you said that," is what you are probably thinking. Let me elaborate for you.

So many times I have said and this I am sure you too have said that...God recently opened up my eyes and now I am completely changed. "What's so wrong with saying that," you ask. You see, God isn't in the spuratic life changing business where..."One time God completely opened my eyes for the first time in my life"...or, "Do you remember at church camp that summer when"...and so on. You see all of those memories and dates and events of when God "changed" your life or when God "opened" your eyes, they are wonderful and God praising things...but what God wants you to realize is that He isn't in the change your life a few times in your life business...He wants you to realize that He is in the change your life and open your eyes EVERYDAY business. Still, you may be a little confused, so I won't stop here...

Here is an altered(due to personal thoughts and to elaborate a little bit better and so on) version of an excerpt from my journal that may help you understand more of what I am talking about. If you still are confused about what I am trying to get across to you, DON'T FEAR...I will explain more of what the journal entry is talking about. Here it goes...

"It seemed to happen so fast and suddenly, but I know you have been working on me ALL along, even if I didn't know or acknowledge You. I know this is just the beginning of an adventure that started fifteen years ago. It doesn't make sense, yet it does! Fifteen years ago(now almost sixteen years ago, but when I wrote this in my journal it was fifteen years ago), IT was thrusted upon me, the gift of life. I started the adventure by throwing myself into wordly things. I trampled your gift, allowed it to go places it never should have gone, I could have lost it, but then I began the adventure of YOU LORD...of eternal life! I opened the gift. The wrapping paper was ruined and torn, it was smashed by wordly ways when I opened it. All along I never opened it to see what it really held...but now I know it was YOU. You know, I think it tore and ripped in ALL the RIGHT places so I could see the LIGHT shining through! I want to thank You for opening the gift for me! Please Lord, never let the devil tape it up!"

Hmmm...do you kinda see where I am going with this? You see, God loves us too much to stop working on us! He always is, even if we are not willing to help Him. So, all of those times when you felt God change you "for the first time"...let me tell you that it WASN'T the first time because God is ALWAYS changing you and molding you! He NEVER stops! You may not feel or even see the changes, but He is working on you continually and tearing the wrapping paper in ALL the RIGHT places so that you begin to see the light shining through. Never convince yourself that God changes you spuratically. Don't wait for church camp, don't wait for a major Godly event to expect a change...a change probably will occur, but it is so important to pursue God everyday and focus on the now changes instead of waiting for that one spuratic change at church camp or wherever...Remember God is changing and opening our eyes EVERYDAY! If God is doing that while we our ignoring Him and trampling Him...just think of how He would change us and mold us if we were pursuing, focusing, thirsting, and starving for Him EVERYDAY! Ponder upon this...you never know how God is changing you right now...<3

2 comments:

  1. I love your thoughts, Lahni :-) I am blessed to read how God is working in your life, how He has won your heart over all you've been through. I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I hope you'll check out my online, Christian magazine for tween/teen girls: http://bloommagazine.webs.com. I would love it if you subscribe!! :)
    KyAnn

    ReplyDelete