search my blog

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Happy Almost Sixteenth Birthday Abigail!


Happy early sixteenth birthday Abigail. I would have posted this tomorrow, but due to my birthday festivities tomorrow I will not have time. I thought a day earlier would be more acceptable than a day late, so here it is girl,HaPpY sIxTeEnTh BiRtHdAy! I hope it is your best year yet!

This post is dedicated to Abigail from Amazed by Grace in honor of her birthday. Abigail and I follow eachother's blogs and we came to the realization that she and I are one day apart in age. My birthday is today, and her birthday is tomorrow. I have never met anyone who has been so close in age to me. I think that is so cool! We both decided that because of this we were going to do a special post in honor of eachother by interviewing eachother on varios birthday related questions,so...I asked Abigail:

1. What would you like to be doing five years from this time?

~I think it would be awesome to be either dancing professionally in a ballet company or working in my own.

2. Do you have any birthday traditions every year?

~I get school off and get to spend the day doing whatever I want. My parents and I go out to dinner to celebrate too.

3. What is the best birthday present you have ever recieved?

~ Hmmm...the year I turned 13 I got a purity ring, and that was really special. But there are some other gifts that I have really loved and use all the time. I got a Do Hard Things t-shirt last year that I wear all the time and just absolutely adore!

4. What is the weirdest birthday present you have ever recieved?

~ I can't really remember any strange gifts, but when I was little my dad gave me a weird card that had a lady with a giant and crazy hairstyle on the cover of it as a joke. I didn't get the joke, I just thought it was strange. :D

5. Do you have any goals you would like to accomplish while you are sixteen?

~ I have several goals. I would like to work on my flexibility more and I would like to become stronger as a dancer. I'd like to read through the Bible, and I would like to get a job. There are a couple of other things I would like to accomplish too, like being more unselfish and being a better sister. I would also like to master my Scottish and Irish accents! There are several things that I would like to do, but I'm not sure if they would ever be able to happen this year. I would love, love, love to go to the Ballet Magnificat! summer intensive and I dream of going to Europe.

6. Is there anything you are excited about in the upcoming year?

~ Oh yeah! I have always looked foward to being sixteen. Partly because of all the songs about it, but also because I just think it's going to be a fun and exciting age. There's alot of exciting things you get to do in your latter teens.

7. What is your favorite thing to do on your birthday?

~ I love opening presents and having cake and ice cream the night of my birthday. I watch TV or a movie with my mom and sister while we have dessert.

8. What are you doing for your birthday this year?

~ I'm going out with my parents for sushi and my mom is going to take me to the cutest little coffee shop for breakfast downtown.

9. What is your favorite birthday memory?

~ I have a lot of good memories. My favorite was going to my favorite restaurant with my parents when I was 13 and it being dimly lit with candles on the table. They both wrote me a letter and that was really fun and sweet. Another was being in the cafe in my favorite bookstore with my mom at night and sitting by a huge window and feeling very cozy while I looked at my new book and drank coffee and had dessert.

10. What is the best thing that has happened to you in the past year?

~ Well, I got my drivers permit in the spring and I've learned to drive. I'm still learning, but I'm a whole lot better than when I started. You can just ask my mom! haha! And I also started running in February.It was tough at first, but I am so glad I stuck with it because I've gotten a lot stronger and it has strengthened my endurance and perseverance.

11. What is your favorite thing to eat on your birthday?

~ Eggplant Parmigiana, chocolate cake, and rocky road ice cream.

12. Do you recieve any special privaleges when you turn sixteen?

~ Nothing really big comes to mind, but there are some things I'll be allowed to do now that I'm older.

13. What was the exact time of day you were born?

~ I was born around lunchtime at 12:27 I believe.



Abigail, all of those things are awesome! I absolutley love my birthday, and I am sure you do too! Only hours, and you will have been born sixteen years ago...while little baby Lahni was only a day old. haha! This was fun! We should make it a tradition each year as we keep blogging...have a great day!



~Lahni Blair~






1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much! Happy Birthday! I hope you have agreat day tomorrow!!!
    btw, I love your new header!

    ReplyDelete