search my blog

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

::Here's what's happening::

This is the banner for the mission trip I am going on above
This is the banner for IYC
This is Morgan on the left and I beside her at church camp last year having a mud fight!Hope she doesn't mind I put it up!ha!I love it!
This is the sink hole in Guatemala City that happened this week!
Hello my dear blog readers!
I'm getting there...I'm working on it...I know everything is going to be just fine...all because of God!My life is a little hectic right now,a little stressful,a little painful,a little scary,a little nerve racking,it's just lost in some areas right now and it's tough but each and everyday I am falling in love with God and that is what keeps me going!This introduction is pretty blunt and I want to keep it that way,so all I ask is that you pray for me,and that I would greatly appreciate!And by no means am I complaining,I just want to let you know how I am doing and how a life with God in it is worth living!

So, on a happy note,this week is the last week of school!I sure do know what that means...senior high church camp,counseling middler church camp for the first time,Guatemala for my first mission trip,International Youth Convention in Florida with my youth group,Kings Island with my youth group(an amazing amusement park),my practically sister's wedding,a family reunion,a concert,hanging out with my Abigail before I leave for all of my summer adventures God has blessed me with(She is awesome,she is going to help me pack!Love you girl!),walking across the golf course to the pool,laying out,staying up late(wait,I already did that...I guess it just has a different effect knowing you don't have school in the morning!haha!),hot weather,tans,bleached hair,going barefoot sometimes,ice cold drinks outside,tan lines(sometimes not good one either.lol!),so much more and so much fun!!!

Here is a more detailed account of what I will be doing over the summer...Next week I will be preparing for all of my summer plans by shopping for the things I need on my mission trip and other things I will be needing at camps and so forth.After next week I will be leaving for senior high church camp for a week which is always a blast!I love roughing it and enjoying God's incredible creation in the great outdoors...no seriously our church camp grounds are in the middle of nowhere surrounded by mountains and woods and I absolutely love it!I love building a stronger relationship with the Lord and strong relationships with other teens with a love for the Lord as well!I will be there for a week exactly,and then...

I come home for less than 24 hours to pack for counseling middler camp which I will be there about a week(4th-6th grade campers)and then leave the next day!My friend Morgan is counseling with me and so we are coming home from senior high camp,washing clothes,getting as much rest as possible,and then heading that way.This year will be my first year of counseling church camp and I am so excited!!!I am looking foward to leading my cabin of girls closer to God(through Him by me of course)and watching them grow in their relationships with the Lord!I am getting them a little gift and making devotions for them as well.I am pretty sure I am going to get them each a small mirror that they can hang on the cabin wall and write in dry-erase marker a Bible verse and give them a dry-erase marker so they can write on it too!I am probably going to get them a little notebook and pen as well so they can write notes about the sermon during service or jot down prayers and things like that throughout the week!I have some other things planned as well,I just don't want to take up too much room in this section talking about everything,but I am sure my girls will enjoy these things,at least I hope so!

Then,this is where my Abigail comes in(she is my best friend who has a deep passion for the Lord as I do...I call her "my Abigail".hehe!)...I will come home from counseling middler camp and have only two full days to pack for my two-week mission trip to Antigua Guatemala.She is going to be a huge help!Thanks Abby!Then I will fly on the airplane by myself to Miami,Florida for training and then head off with all of the other teens who are going to Guatemala a couple of days later!I am so excited!I hopefully will be able to post some blogs while I am there to keep you all updated,but no promises b/c I think we will only have like 15 minutes each day to be on the computer in which I will probably be e-mailing my family,but if I have time I hope to blog!If you don't see much from me,our trip has a blog that they will be keeping up to date while we are there!Here is the address to it...http://neverthesamemissions.blogspot.com/

Guatemala has been experiencing some pretty bad things lately...they have had 115 people die and maybe more from a tropical storm this week.The volcano Pacaya erupted too and spewed lava in places in Guatemala including where we are going.On top of that they had a sink hole...if you don't know what that is take a look at the picture posted somewhere in this post!I know though that this is the enemy trying to scare us though and I know that he can't b/c I have God and He is way bigger than the enemy!I hope these disasters soften up the Guatemalan's hearts more and open them up more!Everything happening is part of God's plan!Prayers please!

Then, after I get back from my mission trip, I will have about two full days again(I think)and then I will leave for Florida with my church youth group for IYC(International Youth Convention)!I am so excited!Francis Chan who wrote the book Crazy Love is speaking as well as other great speakers and musicians such as SuperChick(their band sings stand in the rain)!I will be there for about a little less than a week.

Then sometime my youth group is going on a Kings Island Trip which is an amusement park with amazing roller coasters and such!I also will be in a wedding of my practically sister Lauren!I have known her since I was really little and I claim her as my big sister and friend!I also have a family reunion and a concert to go as well as all of the other enjoyable summer activities(if I can find time.hehe!)I am one busy girl but I can't wait!

If you all need me to pray for anything feel free to ask me and I will!I hope you all have a great summer!Until next time...
In Christ,
Lahni Blair<3

2 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for you. I wanted to let you know that I awarded you on my blog Amazed by Grace. I'm excited about summer too! I'm working on a tan...:)
    Abigail

    ReplyDelete