search my blog

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

::Just A Thought From Me::

Hello everyone,
This week I am on spring break from school and I am thoroughly enjoying it!It has been just lovely outside!I am not as busy this week compared to a school week...so I have been really focusing on God more and enjoying my quiet time with Him!
Right now I am reading the book The Lost Art of True Beauty by Leslie Ludy.It is a wonderful book!It focuses on being a set-apart young women of God in a world of young women who have been shaped by the world's standards instead of God.It really has been inspiring and encouraging and I urge you to read it,Leslie is such a great author and has so many wonderful book for set-apart young women.
In her book she put a part from Thomas Kinkade's book,Simpler Times , that really spoke to me and I hope it does for you too!It read as follows.
"(My wife and I) don't surf the Net. We don't follow CNN.In fact,we've chosen to keep television out of our house entirely.This is not because we are opposed to the medium of television,but because we are opposed to what television tends to do in our lives. In our experience, television is a thief that robs us of our time together and steals our peace.When watching TV, we are not riding our bikes or playing in the yard or having pillow fights with our girls in the living room. Instead, we are soaking up the subtle and not-so-subtle messages that we should want more,more,and more...and sacrifice our peace if necessary to obtain it...
Most of us are so accustomed to overstimulation that peace feels strange to us; it makes us nervous.Simplicity can be an acquired taste,epecially in a society that revels in complexity.But what an improvement when we finally begin to feel at home with a simpler way of life. What a surge of energy when we realize that saying no is really a way of saying yes to all we really care about...
When I learn to say a deep,passionate,yes to the things that really matter-and not to whatever gets in the way of that yes-then the peace begins to settle onto my life like golden sunlight sifting io a forest floor.And that, I find, is a peace worth fighting for.
I found this section of his story to be true for many Americans today.I myself do not struggle with it too much, but I posted it because I realize many people do.I myself do watch TV...but only for 30 minutes a week usually...that 30 minutes is spent watching 19 Kids and Counting.It is not a show that is going to hinder my relationship with the Lord, but please the Lord.The Duggar family is an amazing example of Christ Jesus!I do watch movies,and I am on the internet,and I do listen to music...but everyhting I watch and listen to that I have the power to control brings glory to my Heavenly Prince.That is just a conviction that God has placed upon my heart.The Bible sais that we should set NO evil thing before our eyes,and I believe some Christians don't take that seriously enough.It sais NO evil thing.In my life strive to do the most I can to bring glory to God,not as little as I can.This was just something to think about and I hope that it gave you some insight.I am very proud of you if you read this whole post,because it was very long:)
Blessing,
Lahni Blair

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lahni-
    That was an excellent post!! You are very right~ I will defidently start reading your blog, thanks for becoming a follower on mine!! =)

    Hope you are having a great day~

    In Christ,
    Lydia

    P.S I love your background!!

    ReplyDelete