search my blog

Thursday, April 8, 2010

::something to ponder upon::

You will understand more about these pictures once you read the whole post...but the young lady in thes pictures is Kaite Davis.Enjoy


Hello everyone,
Yet again I am posting a post...just like I said.I am going to get straight to the point...are you willing to give up everything of the world to follow Jesus Christ?Are you willing to give up everything that is comforting to you,everything familiar to you,and everything YOU dream about?I am!
If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children,his brothers and sisters-yes,even his own life-he cannot be My disciple
~Luke 14:26.Yes, you read right and it means what it sais!Right now,only at 15 years old(almost 16),I have felt a calling to be a missionary and this summer I am going to Guatemala for two weeks by myself with people I am not familiar with,a country I am not familiar with,and alot of things I am not used to...but I am obeying God and going because He told me to!We as Christians have to be willing to obey God no matter what the circumstance!I know God has an AMAZING plan for ME and for YOU!We have to give up our selfish dreams and follow HIS!

Katie Davis is a wonderful example of a set-apart Christian young women who did and still is following God instead of following her own selfish wants and desires.The following information is from Susie mag...She lives in Uganda with 13 orphan children and cares for hundreds more.She's 20,single and deeply in love with Jesus Christ.In high school she was class president,homecoming queen and an honor student.She dated the most popular guys and drove a cute car.She had supportive parents who offered to send her to college anywhere she wanted.In other words,this young woman had everthing the world says is important.She had it all.But she also loved Christ and knew He was calling her to more than an ordianary life.She wrote:
Jesus says to Nicodemus that in order to enter the Kingdom of Heaven,one must be born again.Check.Jesus says to another guy that in order to enter the Kingdom of Heaven,one must sell everything they have and give it to the poor and then COME,follow Him.Oh...I realized that I had loved and admired and worshipped Jesus without doing what He did.So I quit my life.Originally it was only supposed to be temporary,just a year before I went back to normal(USA)life and college.It wasn't possible.I had seen what life was about and I couldn't pretend I didn't know.So I quit my life again,but for good this time.I quit college,I quit my cute designer (clothes) and my little yellow convertible,I quit my boyfriend.I no longer have everything that the world says is important.BUT,I have everything I know is important.I have never been happier,and I have never been closer to the Lover of my soul and my Savior.
(http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com is her blog,I encourage you to take a look at it!She was only 16 years old when she felt called to the missions field and that year she WENT...only at 16.

So I encourage you to pray and ask God to direct you in the way HE wants you to go!I was recently reading a book called Before You Meet Prince Charming,which I highly reccomend!There was an assignment that I encourage you to do that was in the book...So here it is:
Have some time alone with the Lord to specifically discuss with Him your dreams.Ask Him to purify your heart and direct your steps.Surrender any areas that you have been holding back for yourself.Acknowledge that you desire to do His will,rather than your own.As you surrender particular dreams,habits,activities,friendships,possessions,and plans,I'd encourage you to get out a journal and express your thoughts on paper.Write a letter to the Lord explaining your decision,yielding your will, and expressing your desire to be in complete submission to Him.Be specific in your letter as you discuss each area of struggle and lay it down at His feet.When you are tempted to "take back" areas you have previously surrendered,you can look back through your journal and be reminded of your decision and of how the Lord has worked in your heart.

I hope this post really encouraged you to deny yourself and take up your cross and follow Him.If you have any questions just let me know and I will be more than happy to answer them.Have a great day!
In Christ,
Lahni Blair

No comments:

Post a Comment